I’ve been doing a bit of work on causal reasoning lately with my colleagues, Paul Bello, Geoff Goodwin, and Phil Johnson-Laird. Here are links to three papers that I’ll be presenting at CogSci 2015 in Pasadena, CA later this summer:
Three new papers on causality in CogSci 2015
I am a Senior Cognitive Scientist at the US Naval Research Laboratory in Washington, DC. I run the Reasoning Lab at NRL, where we study and build simulations of the mental processes that underlie everyday human reasoning.
- New feature in The Reasoner on the Handbook of Rationality
- PNAS paper on truth values outside logic
- Research on mental state reasoning published at CogSci 2023
- JEP: General paper on temporal explanations
- 📄 Now in Psych Review: Computational model of 200+ reasoning problems
- 📄 Cognitive Science paper on reasoning about desires
- 💬 Interview with Künstliche Intelligenze
- 📄 New paper on recursion out in PBR
- 🎉 Congrats to Reasoning Lab alumni Hillary Harner and Laura Kelly!
- 👋🏽 Branden Bio starts his postdoc at NRL!